RevenueCat does not require server notifications from Google Play, however doing so can speed up webhook and integration delivery times and reduce lag time for Charts.
Google real-time developer notifications can be set up directly from the RevenueCat dashboard. This will set up a new subscriber to Google's subscription status notifications, which will not affect any existing subscribers you may already have in place.
- Ensure Google Cloud Pub/Sub is enabled for your project. You can enable it here.
- Navigate to your Apps under project settings in the RevenueCat dashboard.
- Select the Play Store app you are adding Google Developer Notifications.
- Select view under Service Account credentials JSON and add your JSON object in the pop-up window.
- Finally click 'Connect to Google.
- You will see a generated Google Cloud Pub/Sub topic ID, as shown below.
- Click the Copy button to copy the topic ID to your clipboard.
- Open the Google Play Console for your app and navigate to Monetization setup.
- In the "Real-time developer notifications" section, paste in your topic ID, click on Save, and then the Send Test Notification button.
If you don't see any errors, the subscription is ready to go.
Service Credentials take ~36hrs to go into effect
If you receive a credentials error, make sure you've waited at least 36hrs after creating your Google Service Credentials before connecting to Google Real-Time Developer Notifications.
If you need to use an existing Pub/Sub topic with RevenueCat, contact support.
Updated 12 months ago